Friday, January 4, 2008

I am sewing!!



So I'm teaching myself how to sew. And I've completed one of my first real projects. Its a sewing toolkit/apron from 101 Ways to Use Your First Sewing Machine. Amazon users give the book 2.5 stars which is about right, but I got it from the library and it helped get me started, so no complaints. The apron is very cute and a good first project but I think its probably the only item I wanted to make from the book. I'm not sure how I'll use the apron but I had fun working on it. It uses pre-made piping to line the top edges and is folded over with simple straight stitches to make the pockets.



But I'm not resting on my laurels - nope, my queue of things to work on is too long and is growing faster than I can make them. So here's a sneak peak of a WIP.

No comments: